14 September, 2010

Gracias a ti, Señor

One of the girls here often asks "how is your heart?" We often laugh together at it, but it's a "how are you... but how are you really" question, and quite good. So briefly, here is my response:

I woke up today, walked outside, and just stood for a moment relishing the cool, sunny, and quiet morning. I was unexplainably filled with a sense of freshness and joy. Finally, I said my first prayer for time not to speed up and thanked God that I am here. I'm ready for the experiences, challenges, discomfort, joys, and relationships that He has in store for me here this semester. One might say I'm a little late or "geeeez it's about time" but I guess better late than never!

Dear reader, I hope you have a very wonderful day.

Stay tuned for news on pretty great Veracruz adventure, maybe a backtrack entry to a trip a few weeks ago, and a description of a celebration like never seen before that is happening this week!

4 comments:

  1. Erica, I am so happy to hear you say that you are ready for the experience! And I think it means so much more that you have come to it on your own terms, have it be natural, instead of forcing it - it will definitely allow you to take in the experiences so much more whole-heartedly! I love you and I hope you also have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Lepp said! Love you much sissy butt! xoxo K

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're cute. Thanks for sharing. "How is your heart?" I will certainly steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a big heart. So glad you are blooming where you are planted...never doubted you would. Have a fun bicentennial celebration. Love mom

    ReplyDelete